Visit this page to see the current Philips Wake-Up Light models that are in stock
The Philips HF3470 wake up light is not a new product, in fact this particular model has been around for almost 5 years. Thankfully it has stood the test of time and is still at the top of it’s game in terms of it’s effectiveness as an alternative to those nasty beeping alarm clocks that have plagued mankind for decades.
Philips HF3470 Review
Philips are most definitely the leaders in research and development of wake up lights . They have extensively tested the benefits on a mass scale with very positive results. The Philips HF3470 Wake up light was actually given to a whole town of people in the Arctic during their months of perpetual darkness.
Unlike the Philips HF35 range of wake up lights, the HF3470 looks more like a beside lamp and less like a car headlight. The other Philips Wake up lights are designed to be round like the sun in order to enhance the sensation that you are waking to natural light. Whether or not this has some added effect on the experience is debatable. Purely from the visual comparison, the HF3470 looks far more aesthetically pleasing to the eye with it’s curved lantern shape and it’s contemporary frosted glass finish. The HF3470 stands about 10″ tall and has a diameter of just over 6″ the perfect size to replace your existing bedside lamp.
HF3470 – Philips Wake up Light – Features.
- Simulates Dawn – The light will gradually become brighter over a period of 30 minutes before the alarm will begin, allowing your body to gently prepare for waking.
- 2 Natural Alarm sounds – Choose between the sound of songs birds or wind chimes, there is also the dreaded Beep Beep sound.
- FM Radio – If you prefer to wake to music. Which ever sound preference you choose the volume will automatically increase over 90 seconds.
- Adjustable Light Levels – As some people are more sensitive to light than others, the HF340 Philips wake up light allows you to personalise the intensity of the light up to 250 Lux.
- Use as a bedside lamp – With 20 different brightness settings the Philips HF340 makes the prefect bedside lamp.
- Clinically proven and approved – The Philips HF3470 is an official light therapy product of the National Sleep Foundation and has been proven to enhance your mood and energy levels throughout the day.
- 100% UV free – Perfectly safe to be used everyday
- Replacable Bulbs – The Philips HF3470 compatible bulbs have a 4000 hours of lifetime, are easy to replace and fairly inexpensive to buy –
HF3470 – Philips Wake up Light – Price and Availability
The Philips HF3470 wake up light is quite difficult to source these days if you are in the UK or Europe. It’s still widely available in the US and with some sellers offering overseas shipping, this may be your best option.